Can Masturbation Cause Hair Loss?
Every day in the world of sexual myths, new tales emanate of how so-so can cause this, and how you should avoid that. In this article, we debunk the myth of masturbation in relation to hair loss.
What is Masturbation and It’s Relationship With Your Hair?
Masturbation involves the stimulation of one’s genitals/erogenous zones to derive sexual pleasure. Over the years, masturbation has become widely accepted in society, as self-pleasure is now viewed as pertinent to having a healthy sex life.
Now, how exactly does masturbation affect hair?
This myth originates from the fact that semen is rich in protein, and protein enhances hair growth.
This myth of masturbation causing hair loss is based on the theory that when a man ejaculates often, he loses protein that would have enhanced his hair growth. Whether you’re male or female, it’s important to understand that self-pleasure has nothing to do with hair loss, and in fact, sudden loss of hair is due to underlying medical conditions or hormonal changes.
Seven Factors That Cause Hair Loss?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, people lose between 50 and 100 strands of hair daily, and up to 250 strands on wash day. Listed below are the factors that actually cause hair loss.
- Genetics: Hereditary-pattern baldness is the leading cause of hair loss in men and women alike. However, it is not easily detected, because it often occurs as one advance in age.
- Age: As you grow older, hair growth slows down and hair on the scalp starts thinning. In the words of Tsippora Shainhouse, M.D, ‘as you grow older, your hair becomes less resilient and is more likely to break.’
- Medical Conditions: If your hair loss is sudden, it might be due to underlying medical conditions. Some hormonal imbalances such as PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and pregnancy can lead to severe hair loss. In addition, chemotherapy or any form of radiation to the head can cause hair loss. Other conditions such as anemia, psoriasis, and thyroid disorders can cause hair loss.
- Poor Nutrition: There are certain supplements that when incorporated into your diet sustain healthy hair growth. However, when you’re deficient in these nutrients (fatty acids, protein, and zinc), then you may suffer a type of hair loss called telogen effluvium. In addition, excessive intake of Vitamin A, and Selenium (which is found in most seafood, organ meat, and brazil nuts) can cause hair loss over time.
- Stress: Stress also triggers some hormones in your body which may lead to three different types of hair loss named alopecia areata, telogen effluvium, and trichotillomania.
- Improper Hair Care: The use of relaxers, dyes, and heating tools can cause heat damage to the hair. Heat damage makes your hair dry and ultimately liable to break. Also, tight protective styles such as braids and cornrows which pull the edges too much can cause a form of hair loss called traction alopecia.
Having seen the actual causes of hair loss, it’s unreasonable to ask, ‘does masturbation cause hairfall?’ It`s simply no. Even at a stage, you feel like you’re masturbating quite a lot, study your body to pinpoint what exactly triggers your hair loss. When in doubt, see a doctor.
Benefits of Masturbation
Instead of running for the hills the next time you think of masturbating, remember the numerous advantages you stand to gain by participating in this sport.
- Masturbation helps you understand your body better, thus resulting in great sex life.
- It triggers the release of ‘feel-good’ hormones endorphins to be precise, which make you feel relaxed and happy.
- Self-stimulation guarantees mind-blowing orgasms which no partner can ever give you.
- Masturbation can enhance body image and self-esteem.
- It helps you release sexual tension.
- Masturbation helps you to sleep better.
Use Sex Toys to Masturbate Better
If your body could speak, it would probably say, “get us a sex toy!” You might think that the sexual pleasure you gain from your masturbation sessions are unparalleled. But that’s until you try masturbating with a sex toy.
In the words of Lauren Napolito Psy.D., “pleasure with a vibrator is much more intense because one’s hands, fingers or penis cannot mimic the precision of the machine.”
At the end of the day, when you wonder again, “does masturbation cause hair fall?” Rest assured that the answer is “No”. There is currently no scientific evidence to prove that masturbation causes hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.
If you experience sudden hair loss (despite your masturbation rate), see your medical doctor for examination and professional advice.
We hope this article was helpful to you and if you’re ready to improve your sex life, ensure to stop by our review section for great sex toys that fit your budget and taste. We’re always at your service.
Tags: adult toys, review silicone dildo, how to use anal lube, libido increasing food, tips for choosing huge dildo, sexual things to try, experts review the best dildo machine, first sissygasm, how to use rabbit vibrators, how to clean a vibrator