First Time Vibrators
Are you still relying on a 5-finger assist to get off? If yes, you truly don’t know what you are missing out on. The sensations provided by vibrators are something completely different than what your body is capable of producing. Soft materials, exciting shapes and sizes, and access to areas that your hand cannot reach can open the door to exploring new ways of sensual pleasure. Unfortunately, buying the best vibrator for the first time is a lot like Alice tumbling down the rabbit hole. It is a little scary and can be very intimidating, but ultimately, an exhilarating trip into a brand new world.
Confusing shapes, terrifying sizes and inexplicable features should not stop you from experiencing the no-strings-attached, unbelievable pleasure that comes with using a vibrator for the first time. Here is a guide to help you choose your first vibrator that will rock your body.
Fifty Shades of Grey Mini Silicone Vibrator
First Time G-Spot Vibrator
BASICS Powerful Mini Vibrator
Lovehoney Black Beauty Classic Vibrator
First Time Power Swirl Classic Vibrator
BASICS Powerful Gold Mini Vibrator
BASICS Mini Vibrator
Tracey Cox Supersex Pleasure Vibe 4 Inch
Rocks Off Powerful
What are Vibrators?
A vibrator refers to adult sex toys that vibrate. Typically, this vibration is accomplished using a powered motor or multiple motors.
A lot of people find vibration to be a highly pleasurable sensation. Although this sensation can feel amazing all over your body, it is particularly great in erogenous areas like, the vagina, clitoris, penis and anus. These body parts have numerous nerve endings that are receptive to vibration. When buzzy toys are used in these regions, it results in intense orgasms.
First time with a vibrator is a great way to know your body and exploring which sensation sends chills down your spine. Vibrators can also help you in discerning what feels pleasurable and what doesn’t, and you can take this knowledge and use it during your intimate encounters for enhanced gratification.
Besides orgasms and pleasure, vibrators are great for boosting sexual health and mood, helping you relax and paving the way for more enjoyable sex.
Different Types of Vibrators
The vibrators in use today are often classified by the area of anatomy they are designed to stimulate or their shape. Here are some of the different types of vibrators that are great for beginners and also experienced individuals.
Classic vibrators showcase the conventional shaft shape. They’re tapered at the end. They only focus on internal vibrations and do not simultaneously vibrate against the clitoris. They do not stimulate the G-spot.
Clit vibrators or clit stimulators are smaller in size and easier to hold on the clit for direct stimulation. These vibrators come in a wide range of shapes and you can have fun experimenting with them – from small, bullet-shaped vibrators to flat, broad, pebble-like vibes. There are also many clit stimulators designed to imitate the natural curve of the vulva.
This is a good option for those who like external stimulation and it can also be used on the anus, perineum, nipples, anus, testicles and penis.
G-spot vibrators are designed specifically for insertion and it is shaped in a way that makes it easy to find, as well as, stimulate the G-spot. The G-spot is a spot in the vagina that has a high concentration of pleasurable nerves and stimulating it produces memorable orgasms.
This is the best kind of vibrator for those who enjoy penetration and want their G-spot stimulated.
Finger vibrators are great for those who are big fans of manual stimulation. These devices come in various sizes and shapes, but can be conveniently attached to your fingers or hand so that they remain in place while you are doing your thing.
These beginner’s vibrators are a terrific add-on to oral sex and can make cunnilingus, fellatio or analingus so much more interesting.
Bullet vibrators are external toys and they are small in size. They are particularly used for clitoral stimulation. They can be added or adapted to almost all kinds of toys that you can imagine. They are recommended vibrators for beginners who are unsure what size, strength or size they are looking for.
Vibrators do not get much smaller than bullet vibes and they typically come in one shape. Ironically, despite their small size, there is a high degree of power variation in these devices. You can use them for self-pleasure or during partnered sex.
Wand vibrators are well-known for producing strong, full-body sensations. Most of them pack a powerful motor in their hefty handles and they are relatively large. They’re great for people with larger bodies and those looking for intensity.
Wand vibrators are designed for external stimulation, but manufacturers are also coming up with insertable attachments that can be put on the head of the wand and turned into an internal toy. The clitoris responds with a whirl of feverish enthusiasm and excitement to wands, and it is possible for you to have spontaneous orgasms when using them.
Rabbit vibrators get their name due to their design that resembles a rabbit. They feature soft, small rabbit-style ears. These vibes are intended to provide external and internal pleasure at once. They have one smaller arm for stimulating the clit and one larger arm that goes inside the vagina. These rabbit-style toys also have internal portions that have rotating beads on their shafts and move in circles. They have 15 vibration modes and are silent. They’re mostly waterproof and can be used in the shower or bath.
Slimline vibrators are basically a no-frills option that does not come with attachments or other crazy features. They are sized for internal stimulation, but you can also use them externally. Slimlines are regarded as the vibrator for beginners because they are adaptable.
Technically speaking, you can use any vibrator as a couples’ vibrator. However, there are some toys that are specifically designed and manufactured for two people (or more). These vibes often involve apps, remote controls or shareable shapes so that everyone can have fun.
Vibrating cock rings
Not just clits and vaginas, penises also love vibration. Vibration cock rings are great fun for people who love the sensation of vibration on their testicles or penis. These devices can be good for couples trying to spice things in the bedroom. The cock ring turns the phallus wearing it into a throbbing vibrator.
Cock rings can also be used for external stimulation without the need for a penis.
These are vibrators that penises can use. Just like other vibrators, these vary in size and shape. A lot of men enjoy using these devices during masturbation and they’re also great for couples play.
If approached correctly, the anus can be a source of intense, lovely pleasure for many people. This area has a large concentration of nerve endings, which is outnumbered only by the clitoris. Anal vibrators are available in various shapes and sizes, and you must remember to always use a lube before playing with anal vibrators. The anus is not self-lubricating like the vagina.
Most vibrators focus on a rumbling sensation, but suction vibrators are specifically designed to create a sucking-like sensation. These vibrators attempt to imitate the sensation of oral sex. The harder you press this device against your body, the more intense are the sensations. This is the best kind of vibrator for beginners who want to start slow.
- Silicone – Easily sterilized and non-porous, silicone-made vibrators can range from soft to firm. This is a very popular material and you will find almost all types of vibrators made using this material.
- ABS hard plastic – This is a non-porous material, smooth and can be cleaned easily. However, it is not as effective in transferring vibration as silicone.
- Glass – Glass is a heavy, smooth and hard material. Glass-made vibrators are quickly becoming popular as it is great for temperature play. However, it is not the best vibrator for beginners as it may break if not used properly.
- Metal – Hard and smooth material, metal can be cleaned without any hassle and offers a decent weight. This is also good for temperature play and metal vibrators are usually made of stainless steel or aluminum. Silver and gold are less common, but they also exist.
- Wood and stone – These are uncommon materials, but vibrators are made from these non-porous materials, especially treated wood or stone.
What is the best way to use a vibrator?
- Know your vibrator – If this is your first time vibrator use, you need to figure out what your vibrator is designed to do. Some vibrators are made for clitoral stimulation and some for internal stimulation. Some are aimed directly at the G-spot. So, familiarize yourself with the settings of your vibrator and for that, you can read the manual or check online.
- Get turned on – Before using the vibrator, make sure that you are turned on. Vibrators are known to produce intense sensations and if you’re not turned on, it might cause discomfort. Do whatever to get yourself in the mood – read erotica, watch porn, touch your body or fantasize.
- Use lube – Using a lube is recommended when you are using a vibrator or any other sex toy. Lubes can make your experience so much more pleasurable. It will help the device to glide smoothly against your skin without tugging. If you are penetrating yourself with your vibrator, you must definitely use a lube. You can get a water-based lube or even a silicone-based lube, but that depends on your vibrator material. Find out what lubes are compatible with your toy.
- Remember to start slow – When you are all set to use the vibrator on your genitals, the power setting should be turned down to the lowest possible number. Vibrators can be intense, and therefore, you need to take it easy when it is your first time.
- Understand what level of contact you enjoy and experiment with the settings – By using the vibrator a couple of times, you will figure out the level of contact that you prefer between your skin and the vibrator. Also, you will discover the level of intensity that you enjoy. After starting slow, make sure to increase the power setting slowly so that you find your level of comfort and pleasure.
So, now you know how to masturbate with a vibrator. It is time to purchase this magical toy and add a new dimension to your sex life.