Floggers are one of the most popular sex toys right now as they can be used by all couples, whether you are an experienced BDSM couple or if you just want to spice up your love life. They have been in the spotlight ever since the mainstream world has been introduced to the movie craze that is 50 Shades of Grey. In this article we will show you how to safely use this exciting sex toy.
Rainbow Flogger with Leather Handle
Rose Gold Necklace Flogger
Doc Johnson Silicone Dildo Handle
Fifty Shades of Grey Please, Sir
Bondage Boutique Advanced Extra Long
What is a flogger?
A sex flogger is a sexual device used to replace hands in order to hit or spank people during sexual intercourse. It is usually made from leather straps which are attached to a handle. Today, there are many types of floggers as their popularity has been growing more and more each day. Vanilla couples who are just beginning to branch out into the intriguing world of BDSM prefer to start using floggers rather than whips, as floggers are more gentle to the skin and can be used to caress and tickle in order to sexually stimulate. Read this article in order to decide which would be the best decision for you and your partner.
Types and main characteristics
Floggers are used in impact play, which is when one person, a Dom usually, strikes or hits a Sub. Of course, you don’t have to use these fancy names when you are playing. Regular couples who just want to introduce a new type of exciting sexual play should also try using a flogger. The main difference between a whip and a flogger is that floggers have many tails or straps, which are mostly made out of leather, rubber or horsehair. Due to the expansion of the sex toys market, there are different kinds of floggers made out of different materials available to sexual deviants of all kinds:
- Leather flogger – these are classics amongst the many users of floggers and whips. The leather is a tough and durable material, and if cared for properly it can be used for countless playful sessions;
- Suede flogger- these types of floggers are beginner friendly and a delightful way to start your BDSM fantasy;
- Deerskin flogger- this is the best flogger for couples who enjoy light flogging every once in a while;
- Mop flogger – if you can master the use of this flogger your partner will have a deeply pleasurable sensation all over their body;
- Braided flogger- floggers perfect for experienced individuals who just can’t wait to be severely punished for their naughty crimes.
How to choose the best flogger?
When engaging in any kind of impact play you should inform yourself as much as possible because you are stepping into this new, dark and exciting part of life called BDSM. If you are a beginner, it is important to know that you should not use flogger sex toys with long tails and that you should avoid braided floggers. Beginners should also stay clear of rubber, rope and PVC floggers as they can cause deep cuts into the skin and only experienced floggers know how much force to use. Velvet, leather, and suede materials are perfect for novices. Secondly, if you do not know if your not one which sensation you prefer, try out both kinds.
Choosing the right size for your needs
For giving and receiving the ultimate pleasure your aim should be as accurate as possible. You don’t want to hit your partner where you didn’t intend to, as this can lead to mishaps in the bedroom. You want to love your partner, not to seriously hurt them. That is why the lengths of your flogger should be no longer than the length of your arm. Buying a standard length flogger is the safest bet with all types of scenarios. Beginner couples can also decide to buy a mini flogger so that they don’t have to worry about hitting the wrong spot, they should rather just relax and have fun. The number of strands is also a fundamental criterion for picking the perfect sized flogger for your needs. Typically, floggers who have more tails, let’s say 50 or 60, have more of a dull thudding feeling, while, floggers with only a few strands can be dangerous when not used properly. These ones can cause severe pain and also cut through the skin if the person who is doing the flogging is not careful enough. But if you are an experienced couple who enjoys the stinging sensation of pleasure, then go right ahead.
Choosing the right material: shape and texture
The material, as well as the shape, size, and texture are all significant things to take into account when choosing the perfect flogger for you. There are numerous kinds out there on the market, and each one is worth trying at least once. Couples often have various kinds at hand. After all, what is pleasure without different kinds of pain?
- Material – Different materials will inflict different sensations and types of pain and pleasure. As we have already mentioned, leather, suede and velvet floggers are great for beginners, while PVC, rubber and nylon floggers are for the experienced love couples.
- Size – Heavy floggers, will cause more of a thudding sensation and some people can even equate it to a deep pressure massage, whereas, light floggers will cause a more stinging feel. Mini floggers are great for ultimate beginners as they are easy to use and you can have more of a control of how much pain you are inflicting.
- Number of strands – If you want to experience a sharp pleasurable sensation of punishment, try floggers with as fewer strands as possible.
- Length – Your standard flogger will be around 20 inches in length. The rule is, the longer the flogger is, the less precise your aim will be.
How to use a flogger?
Flogging should be done on the areas on the body which are covered in fat or muscle. When engaging in kinky foreplay both newcomers and connoisseurs should have a so-called safe word to use when the person being flogged wants to stop engaging in this flogger bondage act. Thus, the safest areas on the body to flog are the buttocks, upper back, and shoulder blades, but avoid the spine area and the kidneys. Couples should only begin with light caresses and touches. Once the couple started becoming more enthusiastic and experienced they can begin a more painful flogging, and they can also start flogging on the thighs and the back of calves. Only the most experienced ones should play with breasts and genitals. Floggers should be stored by laying them out flat, so the tails don’t become entangled, or by hanging them from the handle. If you are using a leather or suede flogger, you should only use cleaning supplies that are specifically used for these materials.