Myths about Sex
We have been fed with so many myths about sex since we were little, and these myths have caused some to lose their wits. It has also instilled fearful thoughts about sex in them. What you might not know is that most of these myths are misconceptions about sex. If you are in the above category and you are reading this, you are in luck! In this article, we are going to debunk some of the myths about sex and discuss interesting sexuality facts you have never heard before. Have fun reading!
Some of the most common myths about sex are:
Period sex myths
- You can get pregnant if you have sex during your period: This is a popular myth and is one of the weird sexual facts. When women menstruate, the odds of getting pregnant if she has sex during that period is low. That does not mean it is impossible either. Sometimes, vaginal bleeding occurs in women, and they mistake it for their period. If that woman has unprotected during that period, the chances of getting pregnant are high. Other than that, period sex leading to pregnancy is nearly impossible.
- Period sex makes menstruation cramps more painful: This is not the case for every woman. While sex during the period makes the cramps more painful, some experience relief. That is because when orgasm occurs, a flood of endorphins is released. These hormones can reduce pain and makes you feel good. How do you know if it works? Just like how you find out most of the stuff about sex, you can test the effect of period sex on your cramps by trying it out.
The myth of consensual sex
- Consent is required only once: Consent can be revoked at any time, which means it is appropriate to ask if your sexual partner agrees to do anything with them. Assuming that since they gave consent once, you can do it another time can lead to a serious problem.
- You ruin the mood when you ask for consent: Hey, it is not completely true that it ruins the mood. Asking sometimes even shows that you respect your sexual partner’s decisions.
- The guy should do the asking: This also is one of the strange sex facts. Some ladies are raised to wait for the guys to make the move. The consent-seeking role was not made for one gender; anybody can do the asking.
- You need to clean your vagina thoroughly to keep it healthy: The vagina is self-cleaning, which means cleaning it thoroughly, especially with harsh substances, can cause complications. You don’t want to wash the good bacteria out because you are trying to be hygienic.
- You have to bleed if it is your first time: Well, cherry popping is not as extreme as it sounds. The hymen is not a glass that’s meant to be broken. It is a thin flesh that covers the opening of your vagina. The hymen can tear or stretch before your first time, which is okay. That is why most ladies bleed a little or do not bleed at all when they have sex for the first time.
Penis size myths
The penis size is one of the most talked-about when it comes to male sexuality. Here are some of the most discussed male sexuality facts and myths, including interesting penis facts.
- Length is all that matters during sex: This is one of the most disputed sex facts about men. Wrong teenage sex information, you might have been led to believe that a longer penis satisfies more, but it is not true. There are a lot more factors that play a role in sexual satisfaction.
- A man’s shoe size equals the penis length: It is a total coincidence if yours happen to be the same length as your shoe size. The penis length is not tailored to be the same length as the shoe size.
- The ideal penis is straight: Debunk that. One of the most interesting facts about the penis is that it comes in different shapes and sizes. If yours is bent, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Some of the myths about sex are facts. So, before you conclude on whether to believe anything about sex, do your findings first. There are also many other sexual myths like the anal sex myth, porn myths, unprotected sex myths, sex toys myths, and lots more.
I hope you enjoyed reading through our list of sex facts and myths? If this article helped you do not pass by our sex toy reviews to get amazing sex toys that suit your budget and taste.
Tags: toys for adults, strapless dildo harness, butt hook, guide to buying purple dildo, tips for choosing female chastity belt, benefits of having sex, 65cm love doll, guide to buying bdsm cage, automatic male masturbator, guide pocket rocket vibrator