For those on the kinkier side, things can quickly become dull. If you are looking for your next thrill, an anal hook is the ultimate BDSM toy that you should check out. Anal hooks are not forgiving like butt plugs or flexible dildos, and they force subs to completely stay still. As a submissive, the use of anal hooks will make you give up total control to your partner, and this is the ultimate act of trust in BDSM play.
Deluxe Small Anal Hook
Deluxe Medium Anal Hook
What is an Anal Hook?
Anal hooks are curved, metal rods with a loop attached to one end and a ball on the other. They are used across various kinks, but most importantly for domination/humiliation, anal stimulation or training a sub to hold a certain posture. The function of the ball end is to comfortably sit inside the anal cavity of the sub and the loop is used to tie a rope through or for placing a finger in so that the hook can be moved around.
Typically, an ass hook is about 1 inch thick and approximately 6 inches long. Based on personal preferences and comfort, the balls can be swapped out for different sized balls. To get the most out of the BDSM ass hook experience, one must be careful while inserting the hook and ensure that only necessary force is applied.
Even though new products are becoming available in the market that has embraced silicone and other innovative materials, stainless steel is the classic material for anal hooks.
Anal Hook Characteristics
Different models of BDSM anal hook have different degrees of the curve. There’s no right or wrong curve here. It is only a matter of knowing your anal preferences.
The Inserted Part
Different kinds of ends for the hook are available in the market these days. A regular bulb is a classic end to an anal hook, but there are also flat ends and butt plug shapes. Some of the ends are part of the structure as they are welded onto the rods while others can be interchanged with larger or smaller bulbs.
Anal hook BDSM is made available in different materials. Stainless steel is the most common material as it is sturdy, easy-to-clean and hassle-free to maintain. Other materials include glass, silicone and latex. Anal hooks made of latex and silicone are extremely flexible. For a small kick, along with wonderful cooling or heating, metal and glass create a sensual charm.
The Ball Size
Most anal hooks come with balls that are to be inserted into the anal cavity of the submissive partner. The size depends on personal anal preferences. Broadly, there are three sizes of balls – 35mm (small), 40mm (medium) and 45mm (large).
Varieties of Butt Hooks
While most butt hooks look quite similar in design, there are a few variations. Nearly all of them follow the basic J or U shape, but the rest of the hook depends on the manufacturer’s imagination. So, you can be sure of finding a butt hook that tickles your wild fantasies.
- Single ball on the insertion end – Sometimes, the balls are removable, and in such cases, you can experiment with different sized balls without having to buy multiple hooks. But, make sure to screw them securely so that the ball does not slip and get lodged inside the anal cavity of your submissive partner.
- Multiple balls – Some anal hooks have multiple balls that are placed from the end of the insertion part and go all the way near the stem. The balls may be grouped or they might be spaced out. If you are ready to push the limits, an anal hook with more than one ball is a good choice. It can help you take things up a notch.
- No balls – These sex hooks do not come with balls at all. Instead, they have a rounded off piece at the tip that can be inserted safely. These are better for beginners and the sub needs to stretch a lot so that these fit in nicely.
- Twists or patterns – Compared to a standard straight stem, hooks that come with patterns or twists generate different feelings when it is inserted.
- Cock rings – It isn’t necessary for butt hooks to only have an attachment on the end that will be inserted. Some are made to be wrapped around on the front, rather than the back of the body. These are usually less suitable for BDSM bondage, but offer great stimulation for the penis as well. Cock ring anal hooks are useful for maintaining erections and can be worn during intercourse to experience prostate orgasm.
- Cock cages – Anal hooks designed with cock cages are ideal for the submissive man. This device lets the man hand over all control to the dominant partner. With the penis locked up in a cage while the anus is being filled, it means that nothing will get in or out without permission.
- Vaginal chastity devices – This is the perfect toy for submissive women. Just like men, women can also give total control of their most precious body part to their partner.
How to use anal hooks safely?
A stainless steel anal hook or an anal hook in any other material is used to either cause orgasmic pleasure to the submissive party, or to put the wearer in some kind of uncomfortable, compromising position or situation. For instance, dominant partners make subs wear an anal hook under their normal clothes and have them go outside. This experience can be exhilarating or humiliating. Sometimes, anal hooks are incorporated with bondage so that subs feel completely helpless. But, if these hooks are not used properly, it can cause pain and damage.
Before jumping into sexy antics, you need to prepare yourself and here’s what you should do:
- Your partner must douche three to four hours before engaging in anal play to ensure that everything is cleared out.
- Your partner should be aroused before the anal hook is inserted. The anus is a lot like the vagina and things work much better if it is stimulated and aroused.
- Bring out the lube.
- Make sure to take your time inserting the hook. There’s no need to rush it.
- Always wash the anal hook before inserting it inside and also after each use. Furthermore, check that the ball or balls on the hook are screwed properly and will not fall off suddenly.
Ways to play with anal hooks:
- Shibari or bondage. Anal hooks are commonly used in rope play. As they do not flex, movement is restricted entirely and makes the submissive partner submit wholly. This is usually reserved for advanced BDSM bondage.
- Tie a line from the loop of the hook to your sub’s hair or any object.
- Tie the hook into a harness and make the sub wear it under everyday clothes.
- Embrace temperature play by making the anal hook cool or warm.
- Make subs perform different chores or actions while wearing the anal hook.
- Insert it inside the vagina and make use of it as a G-spot toy.
Anal hooks are easy-to-use and they’re a lot of fun. You will get hooked to it in no time.