People believe that men have a limited spot for stimulation. But we are here to change your mind. Men too can have good sex with the use of adult sex toys and there are many options to choose from. One of them is the penis plugs. They don’t necessarily look like objects of pleasure (rather, they look like BDSM toys for pain), but these metallic pleasure stimulators can do a lot more than it looks. So, keep reading to get to know all there is to know about the plugs. Also, check through our table of top picks before moving on to the rest of the guide.
What are Penis plugs?
The penis of a man is the most common zone for stimulation. But other than the outside of the penis, other areas can be stimulated. Many are fully aware of the scrotum (popularly referred to as balls), but the exploration doesn’t stop there. One area of the penis that is highly under-aroused is the urethra (the tube through which pee or sperm passes within the penis). Stimulating this area causes you stronger erections and intensified orgasm, more than you have experienced without it. So, what is a penis plug? It is one of the few sex toys for men that stimulate the urethra. It can also be used as a piece of jewelry. They are created to achieve sexual arousal by making the penis more responsive and sensitive. With penis plugs, ejaculations and orgasms are intense, explosive, and out of this world. They can be worn for a very long time, although it’s advisable to remove them just when ejaculation is about to occur. Not like anything would happen, it’s just to maximize the sensation feeling of an explosive orgasm. Dick plugs can be used by partners or alone during masturbation. Either way, it would not disappoint. At first sight, they can be scary. But they are safe, easy to use, and not painful at all. And although most of them come as metallic toys, some have paddings that make them more comfortable to wear for beginners.
When you walk into a sex toy shop to buy a dick plug, you might be a little confused when you see the several designs. The designs are meant for different levels of arousal. Therefore, beginners and experienced users can find their pick based on how comfortable they are with the plug.
Basic penis plug
The basic form is best for beginners because it doesn’t have any part that is complicated or confusing. The structure is simple: it is slightly tapered, of a regular length, and it is made of metal. It is inserted into the urethra with the handle sticking out.
Clip-on Penis plug
Another design that can be used by beginners is the basic penis plug with a clip. The clip helps to keep the plug in place. It can hold on to the scrotum (the balls) or the penis itself. The length and width choices are completely based on your preference.
Textured penis plugs
They are a little higher than the basic plugs because, instead of a smooth thin rod that is inserted into the urethra, the rod could be textured. This means that small and irregularly placed bumps could decorate the length of the rod causing a different level of sensation during insertion of the plug.
Flexible cock plugs
This type makes it easy for users to insert the plug into the urethra. Most flexible plugs are made from silicone, which is highly less rigid than metal. And most flexible ones are designed with rings to keep the plug in place. This ring can sometimes be a ball and cock ring, a ball ring alone, or simply a handle dangling at the opening of the urethra.
Vibrating penis plugs
This is another type that includes vibrating functionality. They are also called urethral vibrators because they consist of vibrating devices that cause the vibrating sensation inside the penis. The intensity and speed of the vibration can be controlled remotely either with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or a remote control device.
These are created with cylindrical holes that allow the easy passage of pee or cum during ejaculation. Therefore, instead of having to quickly remove the plug before ejaculation, you can relax, and feel all the spark of ejaculation with the arousing plug in your urethra.
Penis plugs with glans ring
These are the final types of cock plugs you are most likely to find in any sex toy shop. They are made with rings that can go round the dick or balls (or balls). They help to increase the sensitivity of the penis and balls which makes orgasm much closer to reach- multiple times. Yes, with a glans ring, you can have multiple orgasms as a man.
How to choose the best penis plug?
With the different options available, it can be a bit challenging to pick just one especially if you want to make the right choice. But if you follow the tips we have provided below, it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
- Size of the urethral plug: The size includes the length and the width. A comfortable plug for a beginner should not be too thick, too thin, and not too long. Medium-sized thickness between 0.25 to 0.30 inches is moderate enough. When it is more than that, it can be a little difficult to insert (especially if your urethra is new to stretching). And when it is too thin, it can be too sharp and can be dangerous. A safe urethral plug should also not be too long because when it goes in too deep, it can injure some internal organs. An average length of 1.5 to 2 inches is fine for beginners and advanced users can level up to 3-4 inches or more.
- Design of the dick plug: For beginners, it is advisable to opt for plugs that have an obvious stopper. The stopper helps to indicate when to stop inserting. It also prevents cases where the whole plug would get stuck inside the urethra. This can be very uncomfortable. Also, when picking your plug, make sure it has a good trying and does not dangle around in your dick hole. It’s best, to begin with, those that have clips and rings for better hold.
Procedure for Use
The guide on using one includes the steps for insertion, how to clean and store it, safety precautions, and the best position for insertion.
Cleaning and Storage
Before using your plug, sterilize it by boiling it in water for about 5 minutes. Then simply wipe it dry with a soft cloth. After use, you wash it with mild soap and water, then sanitize with an alcohol-based sanitizer that is body-safe. Ensure that the plug is completely dry before storing. Penis plugs are very small and can easily be misplaced. So to keep it safe from careless hands and misplacement, you should find a small case in which you can store the plug. It would also be easy to find for when next you need it.
Finding the best position for insertion isn’t too far-fetched. You can experiment with many positions but whichever one you pick; your body needs to be relaxed. Refrain from kneeling, because these tenses up your thighs which can affect your penile muscles. Lying down on your back is the best for couple play, and sitting is good for solo play.
Steps for insertion
Below is the step-by-step guide for insertion into the urethra:
- Clean and sterilize your penis plug.
- Get into a comfortable position.
- Slide your hands through the entire length of the plug to watch for sharp bumps or breaks that could cause injuries during insertion.
- Lubricate your plug with a thick and long-lasting lubricant. Don’t use water or saliva.
- While your penis is flaccid, gently slide the plug into your urethra starting from the tip.
- Do this slowly and stop when you feel uncomfortable or slight pain. Then try again – making sure that you are relaxed.
Be sure to remove before ejaculation to prevent retrograde ejaculation.
Here are a few precautions to consider to remain safe.
- Insert only when the penis is flaccid, except your urethra is used to the toy and has gained enough stretching.
- Remove before ejaculation.
- Do not share your plug with anyone, not even your partner.
- Stick to moderate sizes to prevent injuries.
- Run your hands through your plugs to ensure that it is smooth.
- Sterilize before and after use to prevent contracting a disease.
- Pee before using a urethral plug.
- Always use enough lubrication before insertion.
- Don’t wear your plug for too long except you are already used to the feeling. But never wear it overnight or during daily activities.
Competitive advantages of penis plug
- It helps with stronger erections.
- It intensifies orgasms.
- It allows for multiple orgasms in men.
- Can be used in both solo and couple sexual play.
- It is very discreet, therefore easy to carry around (or travel with) without getting noticed.
- It is very easy to use.
- Stimulates the urethra.
- It can be used as a piece of jewelry.
- It requires a lot of lubrication.
- If it is not smooth enough or inserted gently, it can lead to tear.
- They are easy to misplace.
If you have not experienced urethral stimulation before, then you are missing out on explosive multiple orgasms. The penis plug was created to stimulate the urethra and enhance orgasms. So why not buy one now and experience the hidden treasures of using a urethral plug.